Starting August 1, 2018 all dogs attending Camp will need to be vaccinated for Canine Influenza
CIV, also known as the ”dog flu” is a very contagious viral infection that has now been found in 46 states. It is for this reason that Camp Run-A-Mutt has decided to make the vaccine a requirement to attend Camp. Our goal is to keep the dogs that come to Camp Run-A-Mutt safe and healthy while they are in our care.
Since we are cage free, we strive to make it a positive experience for all our campers, big or small, young or senior. Therefore we have a few more qualifying steps to get in than most other places. Every dog is given the best possible chance to become a Camper and once they qualify, you'll be glad all their new play buddies have gone through the same process.
To attend Camp, a camper wanna-be MUST:
- Have a proper fitting collar with name tag
- Show no aggression
- Play well and gently with all size dogs
- Listen and know his name
- Not be an excessive barker
If this looks like the right place for your pup, please follow these steps.
- Have your veterinarian email vaccination papers to firstname.lastname@example.org or have them faxed to us at 310-217-8162. We require current standings on Bordetella, Distemper, Parvo, Canine Influenza Virus (both H3N2 and H3N8 strains - see Vaccination Notice) and Rabies. ALL dogs over seven months must be spayed or neutered. We accept all valid titer tests.
- Give us a call at 310-323-2267 to set up a 15 minute "temperament test". We temperament test from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday - Sunday. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Once arriving at the camp, we will review your vaccination records, have you review and sign our Service Agreement, and then introduce your pup to some of our regular campers while you watch on our big monitor.
Once your pup passes, he is an official camper and is free to play in the big yard with the rest of the gang.
If your dog is not already a member, they must first pass temperament testing and stay at least one full day of daycare.
- Once your pup has passed his temperament test, he will be required to spend at least one full day (minimum of six hours and a fee of $29) in daycare.
- During his day of play we are watching to see how he is with other campers, if he calms down after a while, if he has severe separation issues or if he is disruptive to the pack. At the end of his day, we will let you know if we think he qualifies to spend nights at the Camp.
- If he passes, you can now schedule him for his sleepover and leave a one night deposit. Deposits can be refunded if given 48 hour notice of cancellation.
- We STRONGLY encourage you to let your pup have a few days of play before he sleeps over so he can become familiar with our camp and staff. This always makes the sleepover easier.
- Before your dog sleeps over, please fill out our Boarding Check List (which is found in the confirmation email you received after scheduling). This ensures proper and consistent care during their stay.
- We require that your pup is dropped off BEFORE NOON the day he sleeps over and can be picked up during normal business hours after his last night.
Our business hours are:
Weekdays 6:30 am to 7:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, and 8:00 am to 7:00 pm on Sundays. Pickups for holidays we are closed: 10am - 2pm